What's going on at St. Joe's
CAN I GET YOU SOME COFFEE? Coffee and doughnuts after the Sunday morning masses resume on Sept. 13. Volunteers are still needed to cover the second Sunday of the month. Can you help?
HOLIDAY FAIR: Applications are now CLOSED for this year's Holiday Fair, which will be held Saturday, Nov. 21. We will have an all-time high of 47 vendors in the hall. A waiting list has been started for spaces in the classrooms. For more information, contact Helen Dumont at 883-0757, ext. 3.
SUMMER HOURS: The parish office will close at noon on Fridays for one more week, through Sept. 4. Enjoy the summer!
FALL FLEA MARKET: Spaces are still available for the parish flea market on Saturday, Sept. 12, from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in our parking lot. Vendor fee $25 for three parking spaces: two for your treasures, one for your car. To sign up, use the forms available in the Narthex or contact Ann Kelley at 886-1909.
CYO SIGNUPS: Signups for this year's CYO basketball (grades 3-12) and cheerleading (grades 1-12) programs will take place the weekends of Sept. 12 and 19 after all masses. Participants must be registered for faith formation classes before signing up. For more information contact Bill Trainor at 318-9304.
ADORATION: Do you have some time to spend with the Lord in adoration? We need more people to be involved. Please plan to spend some time before the Lord in adoration in the Eucharistic Chapel. We have two opportunities: Tuesday evenings from 7:30-8:30 p.m. and Wednesday morning after the 8 a.m. mass until noon. Come for whatever time your schedule permits. For information contact Antoinetta Hagen at 883-9048 or Pat Hurd at 882-1503.
Dates to remember:
- GIFT PROGRAM: This year, parents of students in grades K-5 are asked to attend three meetings to deepen their understanding of the material being presented to the children. The meetings will be held after all masses on Sept. 19-20, Nov. 14-15 and Jan. 30-31.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL: Classes for students in grades 6-8 begin on Sunday, Sept. 20, from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- CONFIRMATION I: Classes begin Sunday, Sept. 13, with a parent-student meeting at 6 p.m. The meeting will last about an hour, and class will continue until 9 p.m.
- CONFIRMATION II: Classes begin Sunday, Jan. 10, with a parent-student meeting at 6 p.m. The meeting will last about an hour, and class will continue until 9 p.m.
- ALL STUDENTS expecting to receive the sacraments must attend the preparatory classes, whether or not they attend Catholic schools.
Click the image above to download this week's bulletin
...from Bishop Christian
I read recently in AMERICA magazine of an
incident which illustrates well what lived faith is
Jesus is about. I pass it along to you for your
consideration. It happened some time ago on a
playing field in Indianapolis. The junior varsity girls’
softball team from Roncalli Catholic High was set to
play Marshall Community, an inner city middle
school playing its first softball game ...